Custom Feather Flags
We custom print our Wind-Free (Windless) and Swooper Feather Flags in the United States, so turnaround is just 2-3 business day plus shipping time after your proof is approved. These flags are digitally printed on knitted polyester material with a heavy-duty black oxford sleeve. Our Feather flags are perfect for trade shows, soccer teams, ski resorts, or any type of business looking to create a dynamic display. We use only the finest Japanese inks and the highest quality polyester fabrics on our custom imprinted feather flags.
Double-Sided Vs. Single Sided Feather Flags
We offer our wind-free feather flags in double-sided or single-sided varieties, while our swooper flags are only offered in the single-sided variety. With a single-sided flag, the image is printed on one side of the flag and the reverse image bleeds through to the back. In contrast, a double sided feather flag is actually comprised of two flags which are sewn together with a liner in the middle. With double sided feather flags, the design is visible in the correct orientation from both sides.
Double sided flags weight more than double the weight, and therefore are not suitable for swooper flags since swooper flags are designed to flutter in the wind. One of the additional nice features of a double sided feather flag is the option to use a DIFFERENT design on each side of the flag!
In most cases, a single-sided flag will be suitable, however, if you insist on having a message that is in the correct orientation on both sides, it may be worth the additional expense for a 2-sided flag.
Flag Stand Options
We offer three different bases to display your feather flag in a variety of different applications. Each of the options are constructed from heavy-duty welded steel and are powder coated to endure the elements:
- Ground Spikes are the most popular stand option for feather flags. This base includes a spike which is installed into the ground and a tube that the feather flagpole slides into. These are used in grassy or earthy areas.
- X-Stands Are comprised of two sections of fabricated plate steel the form a cross with a tube that screws in through the three sections. These are designed for use on any flat level surface such as asphalt, sidewalks, and indoors at trade shows. They are sold with a sand bag to provide the necessary weight to support the flag set.
- Tire Bases are used for installation under the tire of a vehicle. These are typically use by car dealership. A line of feather flags installed with tire bases along the front line of a car dealership makes for a vibrant display.
Custom Feather Flags are Important for Your Business!
Custom feather flags are a perfect way to create, build and maintain customer relationships. They are a very direct, physical way of announcing your businesses' presence and to help attract customers. Our Custom Feather flags are printed with the latest digital technology to help you deliver your message in vibrant full color graphics. We can print graphics that are as simple or complex as you need using vibrant inks which creates highly detailed imagery. We utilize state-of-the-art digital printing equipment and the the highest quality Japanese inks to deliver the highest quality full color imprint on the market. Whether your design features 1 color or 100 colors, the price and quality remain the same!
Custom Swooper Feather Flags
The swooper design feather flag is ideal for outdoor placement. The fly or front part of the flag is free to flutter in the wind. This fluttering motion naturally draws the eye, attracting attention of drivers and their passengers.
The fluttering action has a similar effect to hands waving an invitation to enter. Once this has been noticed, your potential customer will then see the careful branding you have printed on your feather flag. The more flags you use to reinforce this branding, the more people will remember your business or event. Choosing a color scheme for all of your flags will allow you to introduce your branding and help customers begin to connect the colors with your company.
Custom Windless Feather Flags
Wind-free or windless feather flags are perfect for placement indoors. They are rigid, so your entire branding design is visible at all times. You can use these to reinforce and consolidate your brand message at a sales event or other social occasion.
Feather flags are a great way to build customer loyalty. Visual images persist in the human memory, and people associate them with good or bad experiences. By making sure the experience is good, your branding will work for you long into the future. High quality images, slogans and graphics make a strong impression on people. As windless feather flags are large, physical objects, they give you the chance to really make a lasting impression. Your customers and staff could be in close proximity to your feather flags and your branding for quite a while during an event, so you need to get everything just right.
High Value Advertising
Custom feather flags represent great value for money. The power of visual imagery is vital in terms of creating and maintaining your brand. TV, online, print and radio advertising are very expensive, and temporary. Custom feather flags are perfect visual cues which can be used time and again. By carefully choosing your designs and placing your feather flags intelligently, you can make the most of your advertising budget. They are an ideal way of making a good impression or welcoming customers who may have heard of your business through another channel.
Installation/Setup of your Feather Flag Set
- Prepare your Flagpole Base
- If you are using a ground spike, gather a mallet and your ground spike at the desired installation location. Position the ground spike with the spike-end pointing into the ground and repeatedly strike the ground spike with the mallet until the ground spike is fully secured into the ground. Be careful to ensure that the ground spike is installed level with the ground. Please note that ground spikes are for use into the earth such as in grassy areas. Make sure that the ground spike is secured fully into the ground, to prevent any possibility of the base toppling over in extreme winds. Once the flag is installed on the pole and placed into the base, the flag will act much like a sail on a sail boat, capturing the energy of the wind, so the ground spike must be installed deeply into the ground for a secure installation.
- For installation with a tire base drive your vehicle to the desired installation location. Once your vehicle is positioned, place the car into reverse and back the vehicle up about 1 foot. Next, place the tire base underneath the location where the front tire will rest once the vehicle is driven forward into position. Now, drive the vehicle forward positioning the front wheel over the tire base. It may be helpful to have two people present for a tire base installation: one person to drive the vehicle and the second person to position the tire base under the front wheel.
- For installation with an X-Stand and sand bag, you will first need to obtain sand. We recommend purchasing a bag of "play sand" from your local hardware store. Once you have obtained sand, open the zipper on the sand bag and carefully scoop the sand into the bag using a cup. Once the sand bag is full, close the zipper. Next, take remove the screw from the tube of the x-stand and position the smaller cross piece underneath the larger cross piece on the ground, with the tube on top. Secure the screw through the three sections, effectively securing the together and tighten the screw. Now, place the sand bag on top of the assembled X-Stand to provide the necessary weight for stabilization.
- Setup the Pole
Our flagpole sets are constructed from four sections of durable and rust-proof anodized aluminum tubing. Three of the sections are straight with one swedged end, while the fourth section is curved. To setup your flagpole, begin by assembling the four sections of the flagpole. Start by placing one of the straight sections of pole with the swedged section pointing towards the sky. Then add a second straight section ontop of the first section, again, with the swedged section pointing upwards. Again, add a straights section to the top of the pole with the swedged end pointing towards the sky. Finally, add the curved section to the top of the pole.
- Install the Flag
First, remove the flag from the packaging and unfold the flag. Look for the bottom of your flag, where the sleeve should be open in order to accept the pole. Then carefully slide the flag over the top curved section of the pole, working the flag carefully down the flag until it is fully positioned on the pole. This step is best performed with two people: one person holding the pole in an angled position and the second person sliding the flag over the pole.
- Complete Your Display
Finally place the flagpole with the flag into your flagpole base and your installation is complete! Please note, that we suggest bringing in your flag/pole each night for maximum longevity. This effectively cuts the exposure time of the flag in half, since it is not longer exposed to the elements during non-work hours. The bases can be left outside during the night.
Maintenance & Care
Our flags are constructed from durable and lightweight polyester fabric that is designed for indoor or outdoor use, however, if you are using your flag outdoors, we recommend bringing the flag indoors each night, which will reduce the exposure to the elements by at least 50% and extend the life of the flag by double.
Our flags can be washed by hand using soap, cold water, and light scrubbing, or in a washing machine on a light setting with cold water. Alternatively, the flags can be cleaned while mounted on the pole using a hose and light pressure (do not use a power washer, which can damage the flag). Do not use a dryer to expedite the drying process (even the tumble setting can damage the flags) - our flags must be air dried, either by installing the flag on the pole or by hanging on a clothesline. Do not iron the flags - wrinkles and folds will naturally be worked out once the flags are mounted on the pole and exposed to heat and light breeze.
We recommend storing the flags in the original poly bag or box that they arrived to you in. Do not place heavy objects on top of the flag, which can cause damage. Extreme temperatures can cause damage to the fabric, so we recommend storing the flags in a dry place that is 75 degrees or below.
If you have particular color(s) that you desire for the imprint on your feather flag, please specify the PMS Colors in your adobe illustrator art file or the special instructions box when placing your order. We are able to match PMS colors very closely. If you do not specify PMS colors, we will print your flag using the CMYK files specified in your artwork. If your artwork is prepared in RGB, we will convert the file from RGB to CMYK before printing.
The longevity and durability of our flags is dependent upon the weather conditions that they are exposed to. For example, flags used in climates with extremely aggressive and direct sunlight are more likely to fade faster. Likewise, flags used for prolonged periods in extremely windy weather are likely to become worn faster. Generally speaking, you can expect your flag to last approximately 9-12 months before fading and wearing out, however, we do not provide any warranty for the lifespan of our flags, due to the unpredictable nature of the weather. IF you are using your flag indoors exclusively, your flag will last virtually forever. We ALWAYS recommend bringing your flags and poles indoors each night to dramatically extend the life of your flag and pole.
Please note that our custom feather flags are NOT fire resistant. We do not recommend installing them in areas with a high risk of fire.
Artwork is not required to order a custom feather flag. If you do not have artwork, simply submit a description of your desired imprint and our art department will prepare a proof for you to review. If you are submitting artwork, the highest quality imprint is achieved by using our templates and submitting vector artwork in .eps, .ai, .svg, or .pdf formats. We also accept very high resolution (300dpi) raster images that are prepared at the actual imprint size. Regardless of the artwork or design instructions that you submit with your order, our art department will work with you to convert your existing artwork to a vector format or to alter your design so that it will work with a custom feather flag. If you have any concerns about your design or artwork, please reach out to us by chat, email, or phone before placing your order.